Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'll Never Forget: A Love Story


I’ll never forget the first time I heard her voice. She sounded like a vision of me floating in a clear blue sea of the warmest water on top of  white sand under the bluest sky. She reached me. And I her. We were connected: before we had any idea what each other looked like. We talked every day and every conversation lasted more than an hour. She intrigued me with her sweet, southern accent churned with her welcoming wit and a smile that I could hear as she laughed on the phone. She was my new best friend and I knew it from the first sound of her voice.

I’ll never forget the first time I saw her face. It had been over 2 years since our first conversation and she looked even more beautiful than she sounded. After finding myself nervous beyond measure and fearful of her rejection, our eyes met and immediately, I felt at home. I was so comfortable that it made me uncomfortable how comfortable I was. Her eyes told me that I was everything she imagined me to be and more. Her smile generated an electricity that triggered an awakening of the happiest moment of my life. She looked like… everything me.

I’ll never forget the moment I heard her sing. Her voice reached into my soul and touched parts of me I had no idea ever existed. I became intoxicated by her sound. She could have asked me for the world and I would have indubitably given her mine.

I’ll never forget the first time we kissed. Every moment leading up to this moment converged into one explosive moment that sealed and secured our love for each other. I knew then what I know now: she is “My One.”

I’ll never forget the first time we said, “I do.” It was the commencement of a daily choice we make to choose now what we chose on that day. It keeps us in love even when we don’t FFEL like we are. It is this choice, that makes us sure that we will spend the rest of our life together, no matter what.

I’ll never forget how she affects me.

I’ll never forget why we are in love.

I’ll never forget her.

I’ll never forget us.

I will never forget…







The moment I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment